You cannot change your past, but your past can change someone else’s future. With that hope, I am sharing a few of the lessons I learnt from my mistakes.
1) Listen to your intuition. That is God speaking to you. God never gives you false information.
1 Kings 19:11-13:::::::::
The Lord said, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by.”
Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lordwas not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire,but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave.
Then a voice said to him, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”
2) Change yourself when necessary.
3) Be yourself. Don’t change to suit someone else.
4) Only prayer and seeking God’s wisdom will reveal to you when to change yourself and when to be yourself.
5) No matter how much love and prayer you pour into toxic people and narcissists, they do not change. This is because they do not want to change. And God does not force change on anyone. God does not take someone’s free will away. God respects our free will.
To be honest, I don’t like that God respects free will. I wish he would force change or just change people, so that I could preserve certain relationships.
6) Because of point 5, there comes a time in everyone’s life, when we have to end certain relationships because they are bad for us. Don’t be arrogant. There are some things in life you can’t handle. There are some people in life you can’t handle. Sadly for some people this could be your parents, relatives, spouses, children.
Our arrogance will defeat us in the end, because we will be so sure of ourselves that we won’t see the traps on the battlefield – Paulo Coelho
7) Just because you took a wrong turn in life, does not mean you need to keep on walking on it till the end. You are free to turn back whenever you want.